Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Changes

For those of you who do not know, last week my Dr. discovered that I am miscarrying. They do not know the cause, but they do know that even though I was 10 weeks, the pregnancy stopped progressing at 5 weeks. This weekend I experienced horrible pains and was admitted to the ER for a dnc. (I think thats what its called) It sped up the process and relieved me of alot of pain. I was put on a medicine 7 times more powerful than morphine (WOA) and was able to go home that same night. Matt and I are very shocked and saddened by what has happened, but we know that all of this has a reason and purpose to it. This entire experience has taught us so much and brought us closer together. What a roller coaster of emotions. We are now more excited and more prepared to start a healthy family someday. The pain is not so bad, I must say that the effects of the breathing tube have given me the most pain today with a sore throat and chest. I will be glad when this is over and so much more prepared for the next time...The pictures above you can thank my mother for lol the two smiles are fake :) the middle one is how I truly felt all drugged up. Thank you for everyones support in what has happened, I am so glad to have such a close and loving family

2 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

I'm so sorry, Kari. I know how excited you guys were. I do, however, know about the after-pains of a breathing tube (I got one after I had Bentley...in the O.R...long story.) It sucks, I don't envy you. I DO envy your medicine! I had morphine and it was GREAT...I can only imagine how much better your stuff was. :)

Unknown said...

Our thoughts are with you guys. I know how exciting it gets to anticipate, then not have it happen. Good for you for handling it so well.

Just a reminder...you DO have another cousin in Utah. Just so you know.... :)