Saturday, October 20, 2007

Work

I have successfully completed my first week back at work. lol It is not a fun or exciting job, that's for sure. I'm on the phones all day long...as many of you know, I'm not exactly a 'phone-person' to begin with so, this should be interesting. The nice thing is that I really get along with the girl that I am working with, so its not AS dreadful to go to work :)

My Dog is turning into a terrorist. Seriously. And I'm pretty positive its because she got so used to us being home all of the time and being able to take her on walks every day. Ever since we started working she is so annoying to come home to :) I still love her of COURSE but her energy level is 100x's higher than mine!!! I still try to go on walks every day when I get home but half the time its RAINING. I hate rain. And its only going to get worse....

So I've been name-thinking. I know I have a ways to go but Sara requires me to text her a name suggestion every DAY to get feedback :) haha fun game. And even though she hates half of these I still love them. So here.....Jade, Caden, Kaydence, Brevyn, Rocco, Ruby, Sophia, Mae, Finn

Also, I'm starting to freak out about once the baby is born and what I'm going to do. I've never believed in daycare, but I know I will have to be making some sort of income after he or she is born. I wish I could come up with a work from home job. That would be so ideal. So anyone with suggestions please help.

4 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Well, I have no advice in the work-from-home thing, (just ask my husband) but I would like to say I LOVE the name Finn for a boy.

Anonymous said...

Most medical transcription jobs you can do from home. Most companies require you to attend some sort of training process (through their company) so it might be good to start looking into that if you are interested. Also, have you heard of Tastefully Simple? It is one of those home party things, but it the food is great and the parties I have been to are pretty fun...I don't know how it is all set up, but you can go to their website at www.tastefullysimple.com I will keep thinking of ideas for you!
I love the name game you and Sara play!

Kara Allred said...

sell Scentsy!
as of the October newsletter there are only 59 consultants in Nevada.
it is a wickless candle company that two LDS moms in Utah created four years ago. they sold it to an LDS man in Idaho after one year and the last three years he's turned it into what it's become so far.
check out my page at www.scentsy.com/karaallred
i know it doesn't sound absolutely thrilling, but you would be amazed at how this thing sells itself.
it has no flame, no wick, no lead, no smoke....it comes in over 80 fragrances and dozens of different warmers to choose from. a 'bar' of wax (it looks like a bar of soap but has six break-off cubes) has the equivalent fragrance and warming time (60-80 hours) time as a sixteen oz candle. 16 oz candles are like $20 and one bar from scentsy is only $5.
they also make these really sleek looking tiny room sprays and then 'car candles' for the cars.
the savings is there, the safety, the decor part...it's just wonderful.
i began selling scentsy six months ago because my house burned down when i was seven right after christmas from a match and because we lost our baby last summer due to a chromosome problem. for a week and a half we had no idea why she passed away and i "what if'd" and was tortured with questions to myself of if i would have done things differently if she would still be around.
finally we got a call from a geneticist and found out why she passed away. i could never imagine a tired weary mother forgetting to blow out her candle at naptime and a fire erupting in the house and taking the life/lives of her child/children. can you imagine the torture of what if's for the next 50 years? a week and a half of it for me was enough!

i can totally agree with you on needing a job after the baby is born. i will never forget when i had my first baby (kate is now almost 3!) and then i had to go back to work...it was really stressful with breastfeeding.

i just thought I'd throw this idea out to you because it's a VERY new thing and when men and women see that it's warmed by a 25 watt light bulb (a $1.00 at any store where lightbulbs are sold...not a gimmick like the easy bake oven light bulb that is like $25-30 to replace) they are absolutely amazed and fall in love with the product.
i wish i would have found this three years ago when it first began....

and i know you and i have never met...but sara and i were such good friends while she was here in arizona, i know you are probably the same sweet spirited person. :)
-kara

S. Fantasia said...

So, I am sure you don't remember me but I am bored as my son is sleeping so I decided to blog surf on Chels's blog (I'm her old roomate, by the way.) Anywho, I was SO excited to see the name ROCCO on your list - I LOVE that name and am still, to this day, trying to convince my husband of it's greatness for our next baby boy. :o)

Well, congrats on the pregnancy! I laughed a little when you mentioned "expanding" because I know what you mean as I'm due in a couple weeks myself. But also, because you're TINY - you'll be one of those cute moms who wears their pre-preggo pants home from the hospital. The kind of girls all other pregnant ladies secretly hate. *J/K and good luck!